This Valentine’s Day I am keeping my plans simple and creating romance at home. Even if you are in a pinch, it’s easy to add last minute romantic elements to the holiday that are simple and… delicious! One way to incorporate a last minute romantic element is with a cocktail.
There are many ways to add colorful elements to any dinner to create an intimate space. I like to think outside of the box an incorporate everyday items to centerpieces, as an example. I prefer to spend holidays at home, without all of the fuss… and the requirement of wearing heels. In fact this Valenitne’s Day … I’m going Bare-foot!
Pick A Theme
To create a romantic picnic theme, I picked up an adorable picnic basket and added some of the Barefoot Wines collection of pink wines. This way we have a few options from either Pink Moscato, White Zinfandel, or Brut Rosé. It’s a fun way to add a colorful centerpiece to the dinner, add fruits or flowers to the basket or maybe even a book to highlight the theme! The best part is we can save all of the leftover bottles of wine for another occasion.
Utilize jars and mismatched serving ware to bring a “homey” feeling to your table.
Another way to add a dash of color to your table scape is to utilize the beautiful unopened bottles as decor at the table. For example, you can tie a beautiful ribbon with a name card around a mini Brut Rosé bottle! This is a nice token for a Galentine’s Day party too. Doesn’t need to just be saved for a romantic evening!
Let your guest(s) know the unopened bottle is a souvenir to take home to remember the evening.
Rosé Sangria Punch
I created a signature cocktail for our dinner! I’ve seen signature cocktails at weddings and large events, so why not bring that element to an intimate dinner?!
I love rosé and this Valentine’s Day I put together a delicate and slightly sweet Barefoot Wines Rosé Sangria Punch. Sangria is a fun wine cocktail to sip while nibbling on appetizers, like cheese and charcuterie prior to settling down for dinner. The colors of the Rosé Sangria Punch are bright and perfectly romantic!
- 1 Bottle of Barefoot Rosé Wine
- 2.5 oz Dark Rum
- 6.25oz each of pomegranate, white cranberry and orange juice
Rose Syrup Recipe:
- 1/2 cup of Barefoot Rosé Wine
- 1/2 sugar
- Prepare the Rose Syrup by placing 1/2 cup of the Barefoot Rose Wine and 1/2 cup Brown Sugar in a jar with lid until the sugar has dissolved. Store in fridge until ready to use.
- Place prepared fruit into a large pitcher
- Pour in 1 Bottle of Barefoot Rosé Wine, dark Rum, and the pomegranate, white cranberry and orange juices.
- Refrigerate for several hours (overnight is best)
- Serve over ice and garnish with fresh orange, red and green pears cut into slices.
To create this lovely recipe or find another recipe for your dinner, check out the wines and recipes by Barefoot Wines.
Thank you to Barefoot Wines for sponsoring this post!