With Winter Music Conference and Ultra around the corner, a little jolt within me says “you should go to Ultra, Evelyn!”
It’s a fleeting thought.
The FOMO is short lived because my days of parading around Miami dressed like a highlighter are far behind me. Those days live in a distant land I like to call College Evelyn.
I used to be super fun.
I partied like a glow stick at Ultra and saw Swedish House Mafia at their last hoorah in Miami and Veni, vidi, vici.
But now I’m older, wiser, and I’m allowing my introversion to get the best of me.
I’m sure we all have moments when we wish we could be young again. It’s totally normal! For those of you that want to celebrate festival season, but can’t fathom the crowds — I have a solution.
This year, I’m celebrating Couchella. It’s like Festivus for festivals.
So what’s the goal of Couchella?
It’s a survival guide so you can stay home, relax, and still feel like one of the cool kids.
So let’s begin.
The best part about Couchella is that you can splurge on a few home goods since you will be saving on the EXPENSIVE ticket price at a festival. Can you believe tickets for Ultra start at $350?! B-A-N-A-N-A-S.
This does not even factor the hotel, airfare, and transportation the out of towers pay to visit Miami!
So since you’ll be saving a little dough, spend it on things that make you happy!
For me happiness comes in the form of THROW PILLOWS. Ask anyone that’s been to my apartmento and they will tell you that throw pillows consume my couch and bed. I definitely splurged on a few.
I also went to Midtown Garden Center and picked up a few succulents. Nothing says Coachella festival vibes like cute desert succulents!
#Couchella2018 <— it’s trending!
Dress the Part
Just because you are staying in doesn’t mean you can’t snag a new outfit. Loungewear is SO HOT RIGHT NOW! Yaaass. I raided Yandy.com for some amazing comfy PJs that I could “rock out” during Couchella!
Necessary Elements for Comfy Festival Fun:
- Sexy lounge romper worn with Festival Chic Earrings and Flash Tattoos – it’s so comfy and chic I’m absolutely obsessed! Love it in Blue.
- Lace Bralette and Boyshorts with Casual mesh coverup and cozy leg warmers
- Cozy + soft Jersey Robe over the Bralette and Boyshorts with colorful bracelets and hand chain
- Top off your look with CHLOÉ Nomade which is the perfect festival season scent.
Check out what I purchased here:
In honor of Ultra I traded in my soft pink nail polish for a hot-hot festival pink! I also added a little flare with Flash Tattoos. Because, why not?!
Since we won’t be indulging in the weekend of activities, Couchella gives us the perfect excuse to nibble on our favorite treats. Pre-order your groceries with Instacart or Thrive Market. This way you can avoid the hassle at the stores. Let someone else deal with the gaggle of teenagers buying water while tripping on Molly at Publix.
Here’s my binge list:
- Salty Donut’s Nutella Donut because it’s decadent AF
- Sugar Fina Champagne Gummies and luckily my favorite box delivers via Nordstrom
- Rose… all day baby
- Publix Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans
I created a nice little space to keep everything close by this way I could relax on the couch without having to get up a zillion times to grab things from the kitchen. And to make sure my babe doesn’t steal my donut.
Hey Mister DJ!
Create a playlist filled with your favorite tunes! Since you won’t be living it up in front of a loud speaker, trade your Ultra ticket for a good set of ear phones. I love my Gold Beats and they are perfect to enjoy music without bothering anyone else in the house.
I use my Headphones in the office to listen to music and while I listen to Podcasts at home.
Here are a few Spotify playlists I’m digging:
- Ultimate 2018 Festival Guide by Digster
- Indie Chill by Digster
- Hipster International by Sean Parker
- Upbeat + Summer Sun by Liz Yeomans
- Got Em by my friend Ryan Pruitt that made me subscribe when we worked at Deloitte but it’s actually a good playlist!
Set the Mood with Scent
Ultra smells like patchouli and dirty hippies. Luckily you can avoid that and create an agreeable scent oasis at home.
My friend Annabelle created a beautiful line of candles called Taja. I am OBSESSED with the gorgeous custom containers she creates. Check out her candles to support a Miami local business!
Here are my picks for relaxing candles:
- Diptyque Lavender Candle – pricey
- Jo Malone Orange Blossom Candle – mid-range
- Voluspa Candles – Bargain
- Hearth & Hand by Magnolia – Best Deal
If you prefer to soak in the tub this is totally permissible during Couchella! I fully support you taking it easy with bubbles, check out my FAVORITE relaxing bath soak from This Stuff Works.
Jetset + Be Inspired with a Book
Do you have a book you’ve been dying to read but never have the time? The best part about Couchella is that it gives you the perfect excuse to kick back with a book!
I picked up a few books that SCREAM festival fun.
Check them out:
- The John Lennon Letters – If you’re a music fan or Beatles fan, then this book is perfect. It sheds an intimate light on one of the most famous artists.
- Gypset Travel + Gypset Living + Gypset Style – Feel inspired to travel the world and live like a Gypsy without actually living out of a van and lacking a shower. Julia Chaplin whisks people away with her beautiful stories and spectacular photography which is a signature of Assouline books.
- Studio 54 – This book is incredible. I would love to go back to the Studio 54 Days and boogie like these cats.
- Coachella Images of America – If you’re a history buff like me, you can read all about the real history of Coachella.
- BONNAROO: WHAT, WHICH, THIS, THAT, THE OTHER – This book includes over 200 photographs of some of the most legendary musical acts of all time,
So forget peace sign photos in front of a ferris wheel and watching people trip on acid. Staying in is the new festival chic and serious relaxing is what the cool kids are dong this season.
Couchella is the new festival of choice!