I love a good morning routine and starting my days with energy and of course a yummy treat. Every superior morning routine starts the night before, and my breakfast hack is no different. This Tropical Chia Pudding recipe is so easy and a refreshing start to any work day. It’s the perfect treat to cool off hot Miami mornings, plus it’s only a few steps so anyone can add it to their current routine.
The Reader’s Digest version of this recipe: all you have to do is soak chia seeds in a probiotic rich kefir, like Lifeway Kefir, overnight. Dats it boo boo. In the morning top with your favorite fruits and granola for a filling breakfast that is gut healthy and delicious.
… but you guys know I’m not just a quick soaker. I have a specific recipe I’m obsessed with, and today I’m getting down to the nitty gritty, so you can make this at home too.
My breakfast hack is full of immune boosting antioxidants, probiotics, and protein. Chia seeds are a healthy superfood with omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and prebiotic fiber. Chia helps with the absorption of the probiotics naturally found in kefir.
My kefir of choice is Lifeway Kefir because it is rich probiotics which help support a healthy gut where 70-80 percent of the cells that make up the immune system are located. Kefir contains Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA), a popular ingredient in skin care products, and you guys KNOW I’m all about glowy skin.
Also an 8 oz serving of Lifeway low-fat kefir contains 11 grams of natural protein and provides 30% of your calcium needs.
- 1 cup Lifeway Coconut Lowfat Kefir
- 4 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Flax Seeds
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- Fresh Organic Raspberries or Mangoes (for this recipe I went with the former)
- Organic Cacao Nibs
- Gluten Free, Organic Chocolate Granola
- Organic Shredded Coconut Flakes
- In a bowl, mix together the kefir, chia seeds, and flax seeds.
- Cover and set in the fridge for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Wake up excited for your new breakfast!
- Grab the bowl and give it a nice stir to fluff it up.
- Top with fresh raspberries, mangoes, and chocolate granola
- I like to add a splash of the Lifeway Coconut Kefir to get the party going.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut flakes for added sweetness
Also, for those of you that are like me and lactose isn’t your bestie, Lifeway’s unique fermentation process and specific kefir cultures ensure Lifeway Kefir is up to 99 percent lactose-free and suitable for most people who are lactose intolerant.
With a gut-healthy breakfast prepped and ready to go, you’ll have even more time to focus on your morning routine. Jumpstart your morning with this Tropical Chia Bowl – it’s very healthy and very Miami!