We are officially on lock-down until April 30th, and I’m quite fickle towards the stay at home orders. On one hand, I’m ready for the economy to be up and running, but on the other hand… I still haven’t tackled my closet detox! In addition, the love and support I’ve seen in the social media community has been such a beautiful thing to witness. It almost feels like perhaps we SHOULD stick it out a little longer because we really are transforming.
To come out of the quarantine on top, I created a master to-do list. Truth is, I’m a professional list maker. I live by my lists at work and at home. So they’re a key contributing factor to my productivity and I’ve been making them for decades. They’re the perfect way to record thoughts, recommendations, random inspiration, etc. In addition, there’s nothing quite like the satisfaction of crossing things off a list – I use a pink pencil to add a little pizzazz to my lists.
I keep a ‘master to-do list’ on a pink 8 x 11.5 inch note pad because I like to hand write my notes. But you could also use the notes app on your phone and instantly transfer from phone to computer so it is accessible at all times.
So here’s a peek at the current lists I’m keeping. Hoping you can use these as a template and inspiration for your own quarantine list.
BOOKS TO READ
Now more than ever we have time to relax with a good book! So here are some from my list:
Cute Coffee Table Books:
- The John Lennon Letters – It sheds an intimate light on one of the most famous artists.
- Gypset Travel + Gypset Living + Gypset Style – Feel inspired to travel the world without actually leaving the house.
Books About Our Planet:
- The Sixth Extinction by Elizabeth Kolbert
- The Future We Choose by Christiana Figueres and Tom Rivett-Carnac
** You can access all of my favorite books here.
GIFTS TO SEND
Since I can’t see some of my loved ones, I’m shipping them little tokens. Don’t you think it’s fun to open the mail and receive something unexpected from a loved one? I certainly do so I am spreading the joy.
- Send cozy blanket for a friend’s birthday.
- You can send a candle to your co-worker.
- Send a greeting card and a hand mask to your bestie that’s complaining about her manicure situation.
- Venmo a doctor or police officer friend $7 with a note “for coffee and breakfast.”
- Order mom a book she would be interested in.
- Send dad an exercise ball to use as his desk chair.
- Send nieces and nephews puzzles and coloring books.
- You can send your favorite guy his favorite whiskey with Minibar.
I’m a major self-care advocate and since we have a little more time to ourselves it’s nice to make a few additions to our self-list. These are some things that I do at home every day, so I thought it was super relevant to share them as they are immunity boosting tips too!
- Start each morning with a glass of water and squeeze half a lemon.
- Meditate each morning – I use the Breethe app.
- Journal 3 pages each morning to capture your dreams and whims.
- Take vitamins: Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Zinc, and Nutrafol for hair growth.
- 40 minutes of cardio / movement – I’m doing Exhale on Demand each morning.
- Drink 3 cups of tea – currently loving this lemon tea!
- Listen to an encouraging podcast.
- Keep counter tops and table tops tidy so you feel a sense of calm.
- Epsom salt bath with lavender essential oils.
- Hair mask or a deep conditioner on self-care Sunday.
- Crest White Strips 3 x per week.
- Manicure and pedicure on self-care Sunday.
- Make a meal plan for the week on Saturday and shop for groceries Sunday.
- Make a yummy Bone Broth for the week.
- Order take-out a few nights per week and host a family picnic!
WHAT TO CLEAN
- Detox your closet
- Organize old photos and memorabilia – I love this photo storage from the container store.
- Clean makeup brushes and toss old beauty products – donate unopened items to charity.
- Clean workout equipment and running shoes.
- Organize kitchen cabinets.
- Clean fridge + wipe down with a food-friendly disinfectant.
- Set aside old books, games and puzzles to donate a local shelter.
- Order pretty baskets and store your toilet paper collection 😉
- Clean windows and patio areas – indulge and get a new patio set!
- Get new linens for your bedroom and turn your room into a sanctuary.
- Turn your bathroom into a spa with candles and new towels – your mini retreat away from the fam!
- Clean out office space and create a pile of supplies for donation to teachers (they will need supplies after the quarantine!)
- Order these biodegradable shoe covers or wipe down your shoes (they can track in Coronavirus!)
- Do your taxes
- Fill out the 2020 Census!
- Take a course online – I’m taking the Science of Well-Being through Yale University – it’s FREE!
- Cut up / shred old credit cards or membership cards you aren’t using.
- Adjust your savings account and re-budget.
- Learn a new language – For instance, I’m using Duolingo.
- Learn a new bobby like painting, photography, or cooking.
To sum up, hopefully you find my list inspirational with new ideas to help you pass the time! More than ever, we need to use this time to explore ways to find meaning and connection in our lives. And remember that I always want to connect to you because you know I would be nothing without you.
Want more ideas?