Dinner is always something I look forward to each evening. Actually eating as a category is something I look forward to, but that’s another conversation for another time!
When I’m preparing dinner I always like to find a nice cocktail that blends well with the dish. And, in order to avoid the dessert binge, I prefer this cocktail to be sweet. My sweet tooth always gets the best of me. Plus, it’s all about balance right?!
This week I’m making a delicious Crab Fried Rice and pairing it with a Barefoot Wines Pinot Grigio Sour. The cocktail is sweet and refreshing and balances the spices in the Crab Fried Rice perfectly!
I’m sharing the recipe to both to help you design a menu for your next dinner!
Barefoot Pinot Grigio Sour
This cocktail recipe is too good to not make at home! I am a HUGE fan of cocktails made with vino and this Pinot Grigio recipe is perfect for Miami. Plus it pairs perfectly with the crab fried rice.
- 2 oz of Barefoot Pinot Grigio
- 1 oz Orange Juice
- 1/2 oz Lemon Juice
- 1/2 oz Simple Syrup (or skip if you want less calories)
- Mix all ingredients into cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake it up to chill
- Strain over ice and garnish with an orange wedge.
The Barefoot Wines Pinot Grigio pairs elegantly with seafood. For me cooking simple dishes at home means I have more time to spend with my loved ones. When thinking about a dinner recipe I love utilizing fresh ingredients and minimal spices. Here is a recipe for a delicious and exotic Crab Fried Rice.
CRAB FRIED RICE INGREDIENTS
- 6oz cooked jasmine rice
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 whole eggs beaten
- 3 oz jumbo lump crab
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/2 garlic
- 1/2 ginger
- 1 tablespoon shelled edamame
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- dashi (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
CRAB FRIED RICE RECIPE
- Cook the jasmine rice the night before to make after work meal prep a breeze
- In a WOK or medium frying pan, heat the peanut oil in medium-high heat on stove
- While the pan heats, scramble two eggs in a small bowl
- Once the pan is hot, add the two eggs and cook until hard
- Add the jasmine rice and toss in the other ingredients: crab, turmeric, garlic, ginger and edemame
- Toss the ingredients … and keep tossing until rice looks golden
- Add the hon dashi and salt to taste.
- Serve in a pretty black wooden serving bowl and serve with prettier rose gold chop sticks!
Quiet nights in with your sweetie should be more about the conversation and time spent together. Barefoot Wines offers a variety of vinos to help inspire your meal pairings and I personally love that they offer wine cocktail recipes on their website to take the guess work out of prepping.
Check out their selection of wines online and hopefully this will help inspire you to create unique cocktails for your next dinner.